Send Elder Z. Montgomery an email.

zachariah.montgomery@myldsmail.net

Drop Elder Montgomery a line

Elder Zachariah S. Montgomery
Utah Salt Lake City South Mission
8060 S 615 E
SANDY, UT 84070

Saturday, January 3, 2015

I really focused on gratitude

Oh Mother that was so long ago that I told her that like the first 4 weeks ago.  That would be cool if we could skype all at the same time. I haven't been able to talk to him in a while. I have no clue other than the one with the Christmas decorations which I put up by the way. I don't know either what's really going on right now for Christmas. I'm just a little bit in the dark. My Stocking like the one from home? The Spanish ward is coming good. We had a lot of member present lessons this week and if you know anything about the Hispanic community you know that, that can pretty difficult at times. But we had an inactive member come to church yesterday for ALL 3 HOURS which she has never done once as a member of the church. She said she really enjoyed it a lot and want's to keep coming back. We are going to teach her the lessons again. Also we picked up a new investigator. HE'S 12 years old and his name is Gabriel. He came from Mexico for the holidays and we are teaching him now. He didn't come to church yesterday so his baptismal date now is for the forth of January!! But he did read and pray yesterday and is keeping the commitments that we are leaving him so I'm super excited for him. Yeah about that snow it doesn't look like we are going to be getting any at least for Christmas. I would love to go to temple square and we are thinking about taking Gabriel there so we can have a lesson for him. We might try and go this week.  So I was made senor companion and Elder Gee is my new companion. He's from Arlington Texas he's been out for 5 months. So I've noticed already that both of our Spanish is improving greatly and it hasn't even been a week yet. But Elder Gee is great I love him and he is the tallest companion that I have had yet. Mother I hope you aren't too stressed right now I'll definatly be missing your cinnamon rolls this week. 
Love
 Elder Montgomery 

So Father try's to help himself and he ends up hurting himself.  Mother if father isn't in a wheel chair by the time I get back. Do you think that Katie will be able to dunk by her senor year. Can you send me a picture of their ridiculous goal post that would be pretty funny. Nothing new but we ran into a Buddhist and he said was pretty rude to us and we were just asking for referrals but oh well that's just how things go. And we ran into a guy  he was nice but he just wanted to bash. We are still riding bikes but who know's when it will be canceled because it has started to pick up on snowing. Our investigator came to one of the baptisms in the ward yesterday and came to church as well he really enjoyed everything to bad he goes back to Mexico on the 5th. I am doing well right now. At the middle of the week I was a little down on myself because I didn't feel like I was being successful but then I read talk in the Ensign on not comparing your self to others and I also read in Preach My Gospel about how to tell how hard you are working. So after I read those I felt a lot better about how I am doing as a person and as a companionship as well. I also set a goal this week during weekly planning to look for miracle's each day and specifically point them out. And it truly is amazing what the Lord does for us. We may not have taught very much this week but we have a lot of appointments set up for this up coming week. And we have got to do a lot of service recently which has gotten us into doors. During my personal study this week I really focused on gratitude and I studied it as well. As we show our gratitude towards or Heavenly Father and towards our fellow brethren we will be happier in our lives. And because I have been learning this principle I have been applying it in my life and my perspective on a lot of things has changed. I truly am blessed to be here on this Earth and to be a son of God. I have started to count my blessings and they are not countable. It really is important to give the Lord our thanks for everything. 
I love you mother and thank you for the gifts
Elder Montgomery 

No comments:

Post a Comment